1753734 Members
4654 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

warning from my vc fc 24 port 8 gb

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

warning from my vc fc 24 port 8 gb

I've received a snmp trap, from my HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-Port Fibre Channel Module with this warning:
potential misconfiguration: TF ports of the same port group dicovering multiple fabric names
It's a normal issues because my vc see multiple san?
Thanks
Bye

4 REPLIES 4
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: warning from my vc fc 24 port 8 gb

I have forwarded to an expert for a response.

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Thanks

Stevem
Frequent Advisor

So, it would appear that you have configured VC SAN Fabrics with multiple uplinks (per VC-FC module) AND those uplinks are connected to DIFFERENT SAN fabrics.

If this is the case, the solution would be to create TWO SAN fabrics (on each module), one for each external SAN?  (If this not the case, please advise).

Solution Example (create the SAN fabrics as follows);

SAN_3-Prod Port 1 (module in bay 3) <-- connects to first SAN Fabric

SAN_3-Dev  Port 2 (module in bay 3) <-- connects to second SAN Fabric

SAN_4-Prod - Port 1 (module in bay 4) <-- connects to first SAN Fabric

SAN_4-Dev - Port 2 (module in bay 4) <-- connects to second SAN Fabric

then configure each server profile to connect to the SAN it needs to access.

However, this configuration would mean a server could connect to only ONE SAN at time.

If you need a server to connect to both SAN at the same time, the SAN fabrics would need to be merged.  or additional HBA mezz cards and VC-FC module could be installed.

Hope this helps.

Steve....

Pazzoide1976
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your answer.
my configuration is described in the following link:

http://jeffreywolfanger.com/part1flex-10-activeactive-with-hp-virtual-connect-and-flex-10/

I have stacked two c7000 enclosure and I have create two san, San a and San b.
San a is created with the vc fc present in the interconnect bay 3 of the first c7000 ,using all eight port as uplink, and the vc fc present in interconnect bay 3 of the second c7000,using all eight port as uplink,  and the san A is connected to the first brocade switch
San b is created with the vc fc present in the interconnect bay 4 of the first c7000 ,using all eight port as uplink, and the vc fc present in interconnect bay 4 of the second c7000,using all eight port as uplink,  and the san A is connected to the second brocade switch

I attach an image with my configuration.
My blades are conencted to a new EVA8400.
Brocade switches are uplink to an old san (with an eva5000)
My blade don't need to see old san but only new eva8400.
I think in this case the messages is only a warning because a don't need to see old eva(eva 5000) and only the new eva 8400.