108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't connect to ESXi5 server using vSphereClient or vCenterServer

SOLVED
Go to solution
CKlottrup
Occasional Visitor

Can't connect to ESXi5 server using vSphereClient or vCenterServer

When trying to connect with vSphere Client I get the following error message, see screenshot:

Connection Error:The client did not receive a complete response from the server '10.5.5.74'. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)  Error Stack Call "ServiceInstance.RetrieveContent" for object "ServiceInstance" on Server "10.5.5.74" failed.

I get a different but related message when trying to connect via vCenterServer 5, see screenshot.

I'm installing my ESX5 server onto an HP Blade 460 G7 and I am using the HP ISO, a colleague has tried the standard VMWare one too, we both get the same error.

I tried this as an upgrade to an existing ESX4.1 host first, then after getting this error, I tired a clean install, same error.

Any one any ideas or basic troubleshooting steps I can carry out?

Attachments:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1825706#1825706

1 REPLY 1
CKlottrup
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Can't connect to ESXi5 server using vSphereClient or vCenterServer

I logged a call with VMWare who confirm that this is an HP Driver issue.

I logged a call with HP who confirmt he issue and are planning a new release of ESX which will include a driver to fix it.:

ESXi 5.0 inbox be2net

4.0.88.0 driver due to a VLAN tagging issue

This version of the driver only affects Virtual Connect configurations. The async be2net 4.0.355

driver supporting ESXi 5.0 in a Virtual Connect environment is in the certification process currently.

This driver should be completed and posted to VMware's website for download in mid September

2011. This driver will also be included in HP ESXi 5.0 image releasing in mid September.