1748265 Members
4057 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

How to load ESX4 on BL490c G6 SATA Drives

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How to load ESX4 on BL490c G6 SATA Drives

Hoa had a VMware ESX 4.0 installation issue.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Is there a ESX4x driver for BL490c G6 with SATA Solid State Drive?    The controller is active and boot order set under RBSU but ESX can’t detect the driver for internal SATA drives.     Thank you for any advice.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Joseph and Hoa had a discussion regarding it.

***************************************************************************************************************

Joseph: 

What kind of error are you seeing? I just did this without any problems.

Hoa: 

I think if you have ESX4i running from  SD or USB,  you can’t detect SSD drives as VMware KB 1001489 stated.      Only fresh install to SSD drive with ESX4 would work.      I am waiting for new internal update to see if ESX would detect both SSD and SD/USB on BL490c G6.

Then Hoa had a great solution:

Follow up with BL490 G6 and SSD drive….the customer did not install power cables  on the drives, data & power cables needed.

*************************************************************************************************************

So don't assume anything. Good that is was easily solved.