4593 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Updating vSphere on BL685C in C7000 Enclosure

Walsh88
Occasional Contributor

Updating vSphere on BL685C in C7000 Enclosure

Afternoon all,

I've "inherited" a blade from another team at my workplace. I'm looking to get a proof of concept working to virtualize our current lab environment which is mostly linux based. Licensing etc of vSphere is not an obstacle, however, removing the old ESXi 5.0 environment and installing a new 6.0 does seem to be one. There is nothing on this blade to be held onto. The preferred upgrade route for me would be a completely fresh boot from an ISO that I have and establish a completely new environment. My largest issue has been simply accessing BIOS to force it to boot from this virtual media. 

The Obstacles:

- This server is completely air-gapped. No Internet connection (only networked to our isolated LAN). No USB's to be used for any kind of firmware updates etc. 
- Possibly more serious is my experience. Full disclosure, my project is part of a student placement. I have experience with similar servers, but a blade enclosure is new to me, so I apologies for any silly questions. 

Troubleshooting / Current situation:

I've been able to obtain the OA passw

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Updating vSphere on BL685C in C7000 Enclosure

Hi

Please refer HP ProLiant BL685c Server Blade User Guide (Page number 47 -48) to configure HP ROM-Based Setup Utility and Boot options

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c00805059&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo