1753365 Members
5704 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN Trunking ESXi with HP Blade c7000 and Juniper EX3200

Zen1988
Occasional Advisor

VLAN Trunking ESXi with HP Blade c7000 and Juniper EX3200

Hi, I quite new in HP Blade field, because recently my company going to launch a public cloud in Malaysia, its going to combine multiple technologies, so, I guess I no choice but to go study all hardware and software related. Lucky my background is system and network, I understand the concept and success bring the switch (EX3200) up with port is trunking with native vlan id 48, where my other vlan is 45-47. However later on, I go study how I need to enable multiple tagging in ESXi, I found that VST it the one I look for, I created vlan inside the vSwitch. Then I change my machines into vlan respectively (Change Adapter label). Then I change the one connect to outside one, (vMotion/service console adapter, default call Management Network) to vlan 48, however, when I change it, my blade seem to be isolated from others. I delete the vlan id, or put as 4095, then it work again, but the all machine connect to my vlans (45-47) cannot ping outside, please assist me in this..

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, I don't know much about this vmware networking.
But I assume you still need a router if you want to get outside a vlan. Do you have that?

What kind of interconnect modules do you have in the c7000? Maybe you need to do some configuration in them too?
Zen1988
Occasional Advisor

Hi, EX3200 is multiple layer switching, I can do intervlan routing just using its, and c7000, we connect using virtual connect technology, thank you.

Zen1988
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I just get it working, actually nothing wrong with my original architect, the hypervisor ip reside on another subnet (tagged traffic). Its just that HP seems to have another virtual switch that drop my vlan's tag. What I did is create a share uplink and define network inside Virtual connect manager (HP), and define a server profile for each of this as well.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Great work, thanks for coming back with the solution.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Best regards,