108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Celebrating

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Celebrating

AMLVMS$ Write sys$ouput f$getsyi("cluster_ftime")
13-APR-1997 11:35:50.75

CET DST ~ GMT + 2:00:00.

Yes, this means the OpenVMS cluster uptime has reached seven years today, at 9:35 GMT.

May 5, at the ENSA/Interex Symposium in Muenchen, Anton van Ruitenbeek and myself will be presenting it as a case study.
Consider sourselves invited!!

Cheers,

jan
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
23 REPLIES 23
Mobeen_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Celebrating

Jan,
Thats a great achievement and congrats to yourself and all your other team members.

I have had the privilege to be associated with managing a 2 node CI cluster, which had a cluster uptime of 3 yrs, but unfortunately due to business reasons, the cluster had to be shutdown as the legacy applications were migrated out to other platforms.

rgds
Mobeen
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Jan,

Congratulations to you and your team on a tremendous achievement. 7 years is a helluva long time. In addition to presenting at the conference in Munich, you should also try and get to HPWorld in Chicago this year. The Encompass Group, formerly DECUS, is jointly preparing the conference agenda again this year.

Your success story is one that really needs to be told!

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Congratulations!

See you in Munich.

Keith
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Hello,

considering this has to do somewhat with business continuity, I also posted here, mainly for interested non-VMS people.
Those interested in more info I'd like to point to the thread with the same name in the OpenVMS forum, because that's where the discussions got going.

Jan
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Keith being the one who pushed us into presenting in Madrid (now relocated to Muenchen), and convinced the organisation to have us, he is the one deserving max points!
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Hello, moderator.

If THIS is not considered "Business Continuity", then what is??

This stream was specifically entered there, because WE consider it to belong there.
The VMS-specific details of course can then be found in the VMS stream, but

PLEASE,

move THIS stream back to "Business Continuity"?

Thanks,

Jan
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Aha, I have already wondered why there is another thread, but I just thought you were so enthusiatic that you wanted to make sure nobody missed it ;-)

Right so - your achievement is really outstanding. Never mind.
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Jan!!
Everything is possible
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

To the moderator:

It seems that some peope@HP consider "We Know what's good for you, you'd better not ask why we changed things." a normal practice. Given the DNSLink and patch-area problems (drill down the OpenVMS forum) it's a bit sad to see this seems to be the truth.
IMHO these people have the "Apple approach". Could be a wise thing towards the majority of ordinary users, but for us, the professionals, I consider this insulting.

Unless a message's contents is clearly insulting, or ther have been requests to move messages (first by the poster, second by forum users), you ought to leave them where they are posted.
ANY double posting - as this thread is - has been cross-posted by a purpose. So I agree with the original poster: MOVE IT BACK.

Willem
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager