Advancing Life & Work
1753797 Members
7704 Online
108799 Solutions
New Article
DesireeCH

HPE achieves top score for “Best Places to Work for Disability”

Jesse tw.png.jpg

In the recent past weeks, I joined the US Business Leadership Network's (USBLN) annual conference in Orlando; an organization that focuses on disability inclusion. The event was capped with an announcement of the "Best Places to Work for Disability". Though HPE scored well last year (80%), this year marks the first time Hewlett Packard Enterprise has been recognized for attaining the top score of 100% on the 2017 Disability Equality Index (DEI).

When HPE Accessibility Program Office employee Bill Tipton learned of the recognition, he said "as a completely blind employee at HPE, I am very excited and proud to see that HPE made the highest possible mark on the DEI." As an employee with the company for over 20 years, Bill shared "I am not afraid of sharing the fact that I have a disability with others I work with. Actually, if positioned correctly, having a disability can be a rare unique asset since having unique viewpoints and working styles enhances any project I am doing with my teams."

HPE strives to create a disability inclusion where all employees can succeed. As a result of creating a more inclusive environment, more and more employees with a disability are volunteering to self-identify. 

We want everyone to bring their whole self to work and to celebrate each other's unique abilities. And hopefully, the Disability Equality Index recognition prompts others to continue in this trend to self-identify.

Bill concluded, by saying "It is an honor and privilege to be part of this world class organization." Congratulations to everyone involved in these initiatives.

Also, click here to read Bill Tipton's blog "Prepare for Any Challenges—Discover Your Unique Transferable Skills and Talents".

Learn more about the company Inclusion and Diversity culture, allow yourself to explore HPE Career  and be part of HPE Next! 

Jesse Cortez, Global Inclusion Effectiveness Lead, Inclusion & Diversity at Hewlett Packard EnterpriseJesse Cortez, Global Inclusion Effectiveness Lead, Inclusion & Diversity at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Jesse Cortez is based in Plano, Texas and he is the Global Inclusion Effectiveness Leader for Hewlett Packard Enterprise.  He is a global leader in Inclusion and Diversity and holds board level positions with leading Hispanic and People with Disability non-profit organizations.  He has spoken and led diversity conferences across the globe – inspiring, as well as mentoring, others to make a positive impact on the world.

In his free time and as a proud father of two children, Christian and Emma, Jesse’s focus is on his family. When he isn’t coaching his son’s championship baseball team, the “Riders”, or cheering on his kids’ soccer and basketball teams – you can find him watching his favorite team, the 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs.

Stay connected with Jesse on LinkedIn and follow all the amazing activities the  Inslusion and Diversity team does at HPE. 

DesireeCH
0 Kudos
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.