Advancing Life & Work
1751718 Members
5425 Online
108781 Solutions
New Article
DesireeCH

Women Leaders in Partnership

HP20140315540.jpg

As part of the International Women Month, Brazilian business leaders from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, SAP, Microsoft and Ericsson have shared their understanding and actions to empower women daily.

I’ve always believed that everything you work on, and put your effort into, leaves a footprint. Not any kind of footprint, but that strong and deep trademark that can only be achieved when you work together with others who share and practice the same enthusiasm, values and excitement as you do.

Claudia Braga - HPE Brazil Director, Office of MD and PMO.Claudia Braga - HPE Brazil Director, Office of MD and PMO.Diversity and inclusion is a key priority for our Hewlett Packard Enterprise Culture, and our global diversity strategy is directly aligned with every aspect of how we conduct business, as well as the communities that we work and live in. In Brazil, we are running some amazing initiatives, creating a strong network between Women Committee, Women@HPE Employee Resource Group (ERG), and external partners, in order to attract and retain talented women and to increase diversity in companies. I am very proud to be part of a project that leaves a mark and that creates a big impact in so many lives.

“We are working hard so that HPE is recognized as one of the best places for talented women working in the IT industry”, said Claudia Braga - HPE Brazil Director, Office of MD and PMO. “Having the opportunity to help shape and lead the committee is an honor, and it allows me to do more, encouraging and supporting the accelerated participation and women's rise in the technology market.”

Claudia is also part of Brazil Women Committee Sponsorship and leads one of the initiatives carried to bring the committee vision to life: Next Generation of Women in Leadership (NGwL), accelerating women networking opportunities and creating an open space to be mentored by a Brazil Leadership Member.

To close the international women month with great representation, Cristina Palmaka, President, SAP Brazil and former HP executive.Cristina Palmaka, President, SAP Brazil and former HP executive.we recently invited iconic women leaders in the Brazilian IT market to share their vision on accelerating Women Development. Here is what our amazing partners said:

“Being the president of a company such as SAP, in Brazil, shows how women have ample opportunity to grow in the IT industry, still dominated by men. Regardless of whether the leader is a man or a woman, what I always say is that the responsibilities and charges are the same. So one of my missions is to promote an environment where equality and diversity are natural processes. SAP openly says to all employees that we want to have more women in leadership positions. Hence, our employees are encouraged to keep focus on professional development and always be on the lookout for growth opportunities”, said Cristina Palmaka, President, SAP Brazil and former HP executive.

Jaciguara Shibao, Business Strategy Director and Leader of the Committee of Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft BrazilJaciguara Shibao, Business Strategy Director and Leader of the Committee of Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft BrazilFor Jaciguara Shibao, Business Strategy Director and Leader of the Committee of Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft Brazil, empowering women is key: “We all should believe, coach and provide visibility opportunities and recognition for women in our industry. I work, on a daily basis, with several wonderful women both in the diversity group, as well as in other areas of the company. I am also always available to share experiences, tips and reinforce that they can achieve their goals! The change must come from within the organization and is critical to support females with role models”, said the executive.

Ana Martins, IT Director for Latin America and the Caribbean for Ericsson Telecom SAAna Martins, IT Director for Latin America and the Caribbean for Ericsson Telecom SAAna Martins, IT Director for Latin America and the Caribbean for Ericsson Telecom SA, concludes that sharing experiences between leaders is a big part of the journey towards a more equal business environment when it comes to opportunities. Active member of the Mentoring Circle program at Ericsson, the executive believes in creating a support group in order to increase women leadership in the IT&C industry.

As Diversity & Inclusion are priorities and strategic at HPE, I am sure that if we are able to work in partnership, with our own employees and with our amazing external business partners, we can create the best opportunities for gender equality in the workplace. It all starts with us!

12916982_1558976151062109_7855357305287185846_o.jpg

About the author

Esabela Cruz , Global Talent Acquisition &  part of the Global Diversity & Inclusion extended team.Esabela Cruz , Global Talent Acquisition & part of the Global Diversity & Inclusion extended team.Esabela Cruz is part of Global Talent Acquisition & Global Diversity & Inclusion extended team. She is also a Social Media Warrior driving HPE Careers digital media strategy for HPE Brazil. Esabela is a Graduate in Psychology and has a Master in Diversity & Inclusion, in addition to being a Brazilian Sign Language Interpreter. She is interested in studying all topics related to human resources and being a D&I Evangelist. If you want to connect with Esabela, you can find her on LinkedIn.

DesireeCH
0 Kudos
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.