P.S. and automatic set var ZSVCMO to "O"
5 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Auto assign patch services to subscribers which need it

Mikhail,

Yes you can, on the Patch setup page:
http://:3466/patch/manage/admin.tsp?page=config
under the Patch Agent section you can select
Publish and Distribute. The patches automaticaly will be published in the radia db and distributed to the clients. I would suggest to not do this but first TEST the patches with the Configuration Analyzer in a test environment before go live. The ZSVCMO variable will be set to the value you set in the PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE. [_BASE_INSTANCE_] ZSVCMO.

Arno
Honored Contributor

Arno's reply applies to the distribution of the RPM client not the Patches themselves.
As far as I know there is on automated distribution of Patches.
Regular Advisor

Hi Arno,

1. I have already AGENT_UPDATES set to PUBLISH,DISTRIBUTE. Patches downloaded successfully and services created under PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE but they(services instance) not binded to USER instance(requiring it).

2. PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE..ZSVCMO already set to "O", but all newly created services have ZSVCMO set to "M".
Trusted Contributor

Pfff,

Sorry guys i was a bit off yesterday and I misunderstood the question i think, like Roy said, thanks Roy, this is only for the Patch Agents. You still have to manualy connect the patches to users/machines.

Sorry,
Arno
Respected Contributor

You could connect the patchmgr.zservices to your user's policy by using a wildcard. for example in your policy.user instance(s) or base_instance PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE.*. This will resolve all patch services during client catalog resolution. Under this case the client will receive all the patch services but will only download/install the ones that applies to his system.

Warning!
But be warned that this is not one of the best practices. Patches/fixes are critical to systems overall health and must be deployed in a controlled fashion.

regards,
jamshed

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event