Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CA Agent

Regular Advisor

CA Agent

Hi Experts,
I have captured an image of XP with company standard softwares and published it in CAS and deployed it on bare metal machine with CA agent, now i want to deploy it on other machines without CA Agent as customer don't want this agent on all machines because they have already running agent of another software that could be interrupted by CA Agent; is there any way that I can deploy an image without CA agent ? or any other way to uninstall it automatically when machine starts 1st time after deployment of OS through CA ?
please someone guide, prompt response will highly be appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: CA Agent

Hi Syed,

You can deploy the OS without the CA Agent installed by using PXE or the Image Deploy CD. Both of these methods are further detailed in your CAS and OS Manager guides. What version are you running?

Note that if you are using ImageX Deployment, the CA Agent will be injected at the time of installation. You can avoid this by using Linux (Legacy) deployment, though you may need to re-capture. More details on this can be found in the "Capture Pre-Windows Vista for Legacy Deployment" section of the CAS guide. Simply do not install the CA Agent on the reference machine when instructed to.

Hello,

For ImageX deployments in all HPCA versions up to and including 7.8 there is no way to switch off the agent injection/installation during deployment.

For Legacy deployments you can opt not to install an agent before capturing the image. You will get a warning at the start of capture, but the image will capture/upload/publish/deploy successfully. If not, open a ticket.

In HPCA 7.9 soon to be released, we have made a minor change for Imagex-based deployments: the default is still to publish and deploy the agent _but_ the actual installation is started using a .CMD called setup-standard.cmd (included in agent media). This can be tweaked to provide custom installation scenario's up to and including _not_ installing the agent.

Rgds,
Ralf
Regular Advisor

thanx to all,
Ralf can we customize the setup-standard.cmd file in CA 7.8 so that we can deploy OS without agent ? as i have tried this but all in vain could you plz guide if it is possible in CA 7.6 then how and what to edit in it?
Frequent Advisor

Me, I'm looking forward to deploy an Imagex image without the agent, have a look to my post I just wrote:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1483792
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event