Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CAE 7.2 Configuration after Fresh Installation

Occasional Contributor

CAE 7.2 Configuration after Fresh Installation

Can anybody help me to describe the steps after fresh installation of CAE 7.2 in Windows Enviroment?
3 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAE 7.2 Configuration after Fresh Installation

HI,

Regarding the Configurations it depends on the requirements purely.

One thing for sure is to go for a proxy sync from core to satellite servers.(If you have already planned and installed satellites)

You may need to configure failover using DRCS and COP settings.

Patch manager you willbe configuring depending your environment.

Inventory collection and frequency of the same will be as defined from your client or management.

These are some of the configurations generic.

Thanks
Manohar
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Actually I am going to install HP CAE Core without installing Satellite Server.
after the successful installation of HP CAE core what are the main components I have to install or configure to collect the Hardware Inventory by defining the Policy ?
I have an agent on machine trying to define a policy like Audit to get Inventory but failed to generate Inventory policy?
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

After installing the server you need to create an audit package with what ever attributes you are trying to collect from the machine, assign that to the user or machine in the policy domain if using internal policy. From the client machine make a connect depending on the package if optional or mandatory and you will see the information collected and viewed in the reporting server. (Hope you have configured the messaging server to speak to the Database)

Thanks
Manohar
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event