Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CAS 7.2 queries

Valued Contributor

CAS 7.2 queries

Hi All,

I have few queries on CAS 7.2

1.Once the CCM is integrated to AD , if the entries deleted from AD can this be deleted automatically in CCM?

2.If the devices not reachable for few days , can this be deleted and rediscovered automatically

Thanks
Mruthyunjaya AR
7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: CAS 7.2 queries

For #1 - there is no CAS\AD integration!

For #2 - No. this is not a feature of CAS.

Karl.
Valued Contributor

Is it not possible to integrate CAS to LDAP

There is a option in device import for importing the devices from LDAP

what is this facility?

Please let me know , whether the integration possible or not

Thanks
Mruthyunjaya AR
Honored Contributor

That's all you can do. Import the devices from an LDAP directory into the CAS server. You do this so that you can manage your devices in the CAS server - you're not using AD to manage your devices.
The import can be done as a once-only import or you can setup a dynamic discover group. This is all documented in the CAS guide.

Karl.
Valued Contributor

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your information

Once the AD integration done , if I again run the integration for new devices then what will be the status of the nodes already existing

Will this be overwrite or except these devices all other are discovered?

Please clarify me

Thanks
Mruthyunjaya AR
Honored Contributor

Suggest you take a look at the CAS guide. You'll find the answer there.

Karl.
Trusted Contributor

Just to correct what Karl stated.
You can create a recurring job to import from AD/LDAP. You do this under the Group Creation wizard in the Group Management Section, (Dynamic Group type) So you can actually do more than just a one time import. When a device is deleted from AD, the group that is synced into CAS will be updated accordingly. Just as if a device is added to AD/LDAP the group will be updated accordingly.
Trusted Contributor

I re-read Karls response and he is correct,(Sorry Karl!) But the product should do exactly what you require.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event