Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CCM Connect.IT scenario does one exist?

Occasional Advisor

CCM Connect.IT scenario does one exist?

Hi,
I would like to put some of the Inventory data picked up by CCM into AssetCenter.

Connect.It is the application of choice to take data from CCM to AssetCenter. I have looked through the existing Connect.IT Connectors and can only find a connector for Inventory Manager.
Does anyone know if a Connect.It scenario example exists to take data from CCM ?

Failing that is there any documentation on the Data Model? (none in the Admin guide i have)
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: CCM Connect.IT scenario does one exist?

CCM is pre-configured and while not specifically discussed it uses a very similar ODBC database I'd expect the Inventory Manager connectors to work.
Never tried it though.
Occasional Advisor

Roy, That was what i was hoping, i gave the inventory manager scenario a try and it falls down at the first hurdle. However i have opened the scenario up with notepad and i can see there is definitely a correlation with Field names ,it appears to be just the table names that are different. Hence the request for a Data Model, if i have the data model i should be able to create the links (using Connect.IT's query manager) and adjust the existing scenario to use the CCM tables names in place of Inventory Managers names.

The other solution is for me to just start from scratch and trawl through the tables looking for UID and Foreign Keys (but it will be a very long process).
Honored Contributor

I doubt that there is an existing data model which means you would need to create one.
Valued Contributor

Terrance,

Does the Inventory Manager connector state what version of Inventory Manager it works against? The table names should not be different between Inventory Manager and CCM, but there could have been updates between versions, and if there is a difference, that could be the reason why...

Just a thought...

Ben
Occasional Advisor

Ok,
In the AssetCenter installation under docs/whitepapers there is an OV AC CM Integration scenario.

It's not great but it did give me a bit of a stepping stone to then be able to work out what fields hold the most common information.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event