Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CCM jobs planning and CCM agent activation

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

CCM jobs planning and CCM agent activation

Hi all,

We try to evaluate CCM for our customer. We realised that jobs are everything in CCM and We have to schedule inventory process, software distrubution process etc... But when a client (e.g. notebook) is not connected at our scheduled time, the scheduled jobs is ended with errors and it's problem because we cannot estimate when the client will be connected. Another client management solution have active agents - their agents can actively connect to their management server when the client is connect to the network and do some planned jobs. Is it possible to reach any similar behaviour in CCM? What are "best practises" for CCM"
6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: CCM jobs planning and CCM agent activation

Dear Marek,

with a scheduled job you also have the ability to say from till. By the way there are active clients agents so I can't understand why you don't use there functions.

If this is not enough plase follow the reporting solutions.

Best practises alway depend on the target what you wan't to reach. HP will support you.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Honored Contributor

Managing laptops is indeed problematical.
I donâ t believe CCM was intended to support mobile devices in this manner.
CCM could likely do what you ask but would need to be customized.
HPCA does have the capability you are looking for.
Take a look at deployment methods and Timers in the HPCA documentation.
Frequent Advisor

Peter,

in CCM is possible to schedule only when and how often a job has to be started. If job's device is unconnected when the job is started, the job is stopped with error. No another configuration is possible in CCM web interface.

You wrote about "active clients agents". What does it mean? Is it possible to configure CCM agents to activate their unfinished (error) jobs?

Frequent Advisor

Roy,

what is HPCA? I think there is a little bit chaos in BTO client automation center. There are many products for the similar purpose:

Configuration Management (old Radia)
CCM ("light" Radia)
Enterprise Discovery (old Peregrine)
OpsWare products

I don't know HPCA.
Honored Contributor

Chaos perhaps not but confusion, yes
HPCA is Radia/OVCM/Configuration Manager.
Trusted Contributor

There was a similar issue opened on this and is part of the 2.1 or 2.11 hotfix pack being released. I am not sure what version you are on, but it is worth opening a ticket.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event