Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-035\.....

Respected Contributor

? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-035\.....

I was wondering if anyone has come across this error (or warning). When checking the machine connect log files i have a heap of patch entries like:

NVD009409W [!Pooltab_replac] 11:17:00 [radstate / 0000092c] SYSTEM --? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-035\00000000.000\ZOBJECTS.EDM] because (No such file or directory) (v109)
NVD009409W [!Pooltab_replac] 11:17:00 [radstate / 0000092c] SYSTEM --? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-039\00000000.000\ZOBJECTS.EDM] because (No such file or directory) (v109)

When i check the reporting server. Each patch that has the error (like the above) has "Server stopped application configuration" as the status (and not successful). Has anyone come across this before and if so what does this mean ?

thanks

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: ? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-035\.....

This particular message usually indicates that this is the first time the ZSERVICE has been operated on.
There should be other messages below this that may be more informative on your issues.
Does this occur on multiple clients?
Sounds like RCS resolution issues at this point.
Respected Contributor

Re: ? Can't open file [C:\PROGRA~1\Novadigm\Lib\SYSTEM\RADIA\PATCH\ZSERVICE\MS05-035\.....

I'd definately look at your RCS logs to find the root cause of your errosrs. Also try looking at any zstop entries to see if they stop the service being delivered to the machine.

MS05-035 is a Word patch as well. For the other patches with this error are they Officec related patches by any chance?

Regards,

Moaeed
Respected Contributor

I'd definately look at your RCS logs to find the root cause of your errors. Also try looking at any zstop entries to see if they stop the service being delivered to the machine.

MS05-035 is a Word patch as well. For the other patches with this error are they Officec related patches by any chance?

Regards,

Moaeed
Respected Contributor

thanks for the replies. I am getting this warning only on a few machines (not all machines). It is relating to numerous patches (office and windows patches).There is over 50 or so patches. At the end of the section (of the machine connect log file). it just says:

"Executing normal clean-up"
"Process complete: Wait rc = [0] getexit rc = [1] ExitCode = [0]"

there's nothing else that appears to be out of the ordinary. Am unable to assess the RCS log files (as i dont have permissions to view those yet - being only the patch manager). I was told that deleting the ASERVICE may rectify the issue (have yet to try this), but even if it works, i will have to delete a whole heap of the Aservices as well as ZCREATE's will be re-initiated on the machines (would like to know if there is another way).
Honored Contributor

You are correct in that removing the ASERVICE object may cause the create methods to run again.
This sounds like a timing issue but it's difficult to provide advise based on what I understand now.
Have you updated RPM to include the Finalize Patch Service?
Go to the support web site and review the RPM update material.
http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/radia_patm/radia_patm.jsp
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event