Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HPCAS 7.2 DNS resolution problem.

Respected Contributor

HPCAS 7.2 DNS resolution problem.

Hi guys,

While installing HPCAS 7.2 my server was in non-existent domain mode.after installing and adding some clients, I have changed my server back to domain mode.But after that If i run any discovery jobs,inventory jobs I am getting this type of error.Also I tried bringing back the server into non-existent domain.Also I restarted my CAS server.Still no jobs are running successfully.Please update me back.

Regards,
Sandeep.
3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: HPCAS 7.2 DNS resolution problem.

Sandeep,

You may be able to set up an alias in DNS to point to the server. Did the server name itself change?

How many clients are having the issue?

ben
Respected Contributor

Hi,

The problem of creating job got resolved by deleting jobs.ckpd, jobs.ckpd.tmp, jobs.ckpd.old files from Management Portal/etc
and then stopping the Management Portal service before deleting the files. again restarting the service after deleting it.

Also, the CAS server is physically in domain.
I can able to ping hostname via client to server and vice-versa.But not able to get software inventory data from remote clients?
What might be the actual problem ?

Regards,
Sandeep.
Valued Contributor

The clients may be configured to communicate with the server at a certain address. You need to verify that they can still communicate with the server at the address identified. Go to the registry and look at the key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\rma\Parameters

and look at the value of the url key. This will give you the address that the agent is using to communicate with the server. Are you able to ping the server using the hostname identified in the URL?

ben
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event