Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Explorer 8.0 distribution

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

Internet Explorer 8.0 distribution

Hi,

I am trying to deploy IE 8.0 to clients via CAS.I have build msi file with IEAK then used publisher and tried to deploy.However it requires user interaction.I would like to perform silent installation.Has anyone tried this ? Any suggestions ?

best regards,
8 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer 8.0 distribution

Hi,

If it has user interaction then why dont you give a try using packager.

Regards
Sandeep
Valued Contributor

Hi,

This is CAS,as far as I know CAS does not come with packager only publisher.Can I use packager with CAS ? could you please give me more info about this ?

best regards,
Trusted Contributor

I asked this question on our internal forum.
Here is the response I got:

I just tried it out with some success... First I just used the raw executable that can be downloaded from following location: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloa...03-08cdecd8852b (This is specific to Windows XP, Windows Vista would require different download) For install switches I used the following: /quiet /update-no /norestart All seems to work well, however CAS still reboots the machine to finish installation... But no user interaction is required... So maybe this is acceptable to customer?
Valued Contributor

Hi Steve,

Could you please guide me how to puslish raw installation on CAS ?

best regards,
Trusted Contributor

I believe you just select the binary files and publish as a component selection. Then you create an install command line to do a silent installation. (All via the publisher)
Valued Contributor

Hi Steve,

is there any document or screenshot you can share with me ?

best regards,
Valued Contributor

HI,

You may be able to nullify user interaction by NATIVE command method or Using AMP

Regards
Shibin
Give and Take
Occasional Visitor

When publishing executables, you need to use "component select" within admin publisher. Navigate to the executable, and then right click and choose, set install command. Then define your command line switches, such as /quiet /update-no /norestart/

However, I noticed in my testing the install still requires a reboot after CAS is finished installing...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event