Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No records found in REPORTING in PATCH VIEW Devic Compliance

Frequent Advisor

No records found in REPORTING in PATCH VIEW Devic Compliance

Hi,
I've installed Patch Manager 3.0 with Reporting by Infrastructure 4.2. I downloaded ms06* patches.
In Reporting appears
Compliance Summary
Managed Devices: 50
Managed Bulletins: 17
Last Acquisition: 2006-04-28 11:37:49
But when clic in "View Bulletin Compliance" link. I get "NO RECORDS FOUND FOR SEARCH CRITERIA".I had ran "Discover Patches" and also checked that all the clients is install with "Discover Patches" services.

Any idea why i cant see the bulletin compliance???

Thanks.

blurer
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: No records found in REPORTING in PATCH VIEW Devic Compliance

Hi blurer,

First Check out the the RMS Version it should be 3.2 with new ZTASKEND file in the REXX folder of RCS, the file size should be around 35 KB.Also check all the messages are processed by rms by checking the queue folders in RCS.

Seconly, Unassign Discover Patches & do a patch notify once completed then assign discover patches once again, this will collect the patch info from fresh.

Send us the client logs if it's not working.

Biju

Honored Contributor

Look at the connect log of a client you expected to be vulnerable.
Make sure the Patch is applicable.
Honored Contributor

It sounds like Messaging Server is stuck. If you check the RCS\data\Patch queue, you'll probably see a bunch of backlogged messages that can't be posted.

Make sure that you have an ODBC DSN set up on the server that runs Messaging Server that correctly points to your Patch SQL database. Also, make sure that RMS is configured to use that DSN (patch.dda.cfg and/or rms.cfg) and that you have not mistyped the user name or password for the SQL database.

You don't need to do Biju's second suggestion regarding unentitling and re-entitling the Discover_Patch service. ALL of the compliance data is sent every time the Discover_Patch service is verified.

Taking a look at your rms.log file and your worker-patch-0.log file would probably be helpful - as well as a client log from a dname=PATCH connect.
"Well...it depends..."
Valued Contributor

Have you tried running a DB sync to make sure the object ID's are in sync?

Try running the following select statement to see if you have current data flowing into the database.

select nvd_zobjdev, nvd_zobjdate from nvd_de2pa

This will give you an idea of when the last devices made it inot the database.
Frequent Advisor

Hi All

Thanks for all this help.
I had edited the patch.dda and now everything is working fine.

Thank again.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event