Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OVCCM Client Error: Completed: connection refused [error]

Advisor

OVCCM Client Error: Completed: connection refused [error]

I've successfully deployed the OVCCM management agent to about 50 systems. 49 of them successfully run the software/hardware audit and patch compliance discovery scans, however there is one system where I recieve the following error...

Completed: connection refused [error]

The firewall settings on all the clients are the same since we manage them with a group policy. Does anyone know where I can look to get some more information about this (log files on the client?) or how to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated; thanks.
5 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: OVCCM Client Error: Completed: connection refused [error]

Check the client is installed and running correctly. Check all the services are started...

Moaeed
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I would check if you can connect from the Management Server to C$ and the registry on the client computer. If this fails then the agent cannot be installed.

A log file to check could be the file connect.log on the client computer, but I don't know if OVCCM Agent creates the same log files that Radia Agent creates.

Regards,

Nuria
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question remains a fool forever
Advisor

Funny thing, I encountered this same problem yesterday during some pre-production testing. I was trying to deploy the client to a Windows 2000 Pro machine via RMP and it kept coming back with a connection refused error. The logs were not helpful at all and I never found a workaround. I ended up having to manually run the setup.exe on the machine in order to get the client installed. I hope I don't run into that problem too much once we roll into production.

-Chris
Advisor

Here's the connect.log file from the client computer that's having an issue. Does anybody see what the problem is?
Advisor

The connect timed out when trying to retrieve the service list from the CCM server. Is the problem still?

You should also chech the RADISH.log file in the ConfigurationServer/log directory for errors.

My interpretation is that there could have been a problem when trying to determine the patch lists from the internal OpenLDAP policy server. The policy request is forwarded to the CCM Management Portal via the RADISH program, so there should be some activity in the httpd-rmp-3466.log file in ManagementPortal\log directory.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event