Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Patch Compliance Discovery and Report issue

Super Advisor

Patch Compliance Discovery and Report issue

Hi All,

I've a problem with the patch compliance part of the OVCCM v2. I managed to get all the ms patch successfully using patch acquisition schedule, and I can see the bulletin and the patches on the reporting view.

The problem is after I run the patch compliance scan against groups of computer, the compliance result report would not want to show up on the reporting view, although the patch compliance schedule status is successful. I tried to run the patch compliance in only one machine and the result is still the same; the reporting view doesn't change and only has this listed:

No Chart Data Available for Device Compliance Summary

I really need some help here please. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,

Rgds,
Oswin
3 REPLIES
Super Advisor

Re: Patch Compliance Discovery and Report issue

Anyone please? I still get the patch deployment work; though the main reporting windows says like:

Compliance Summary
Managed Devices: 21
Managed Bulletins: 162
Last Acquisition: 2007-01-24 13:40:54

When I go to the compliance report it doesn't have anything to list... (and I'm not using any filter criteria)

Workaround or suggestion is appreciated,
Super Advisor

Sorry, the first line should be: I can't get the patch deployment to work. My bad english...
Regular Advisor

Hello Oswin,

I don't know if I understand very well your problem. I think the problem is:

- In RRS -> Patch Information -> View Device Compliance: You have data in this Reporting view with all your devices and applicable bulletins.

- Reporting Views -> Compliance Summary you have no graphs or chart data available.

Maybe you have no data in the tables that RRS is trying to query. You could check the RRS query if you increase your log level to 5.
You could increase the log level to 5 from http:///reportingserver/setup.tcl. If you check the RRS guide you could find more information about how to change RRS configuration.

Then try to get again the compliance summary View and when you get the message "No Chart Data Available for Device Compliance Summary" you should open the file Reporting.log and check the information provided in this file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nuria
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question remains a fool forever
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event