Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Agent Installation on Vista PC

Advisor

Remote Agent Installation on Vista PC

I'm trying to remotely deploy the 5.1 agent that comes with OVCCM 2.1 to a Vista PC with no luck. The agent deploys fine to our Windows XP SP2 client, however the job for vista systems fails with the following error...

"Aborted: {failed to connect to //logray/ipc$ as user domain\username. code: no network provider accepted the given network path.} {debug: exit(1), exit status was 1} [error]"

Obviously, it looks like the installer can't connect to the IPC$ share on the Vista PC. Are there any troubleshooting steps that I can take to verify that the IPC$ share is accessible? BTW, all of the firewall port/program expections are set by a group policy for both Vista and XP systems, so the firewall settings on the two platforms are identical.
6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote Agent Installation on Vista PC

Hi,

Please also be sure to check that File Sharing is enabled for the relevant network connection. I'm assuming that because you expect GP settings to be set on the Vista system that it is part of a domain.

Are you able to ping the Vista machine with "ping logray"?

Thanks,
Ben
Advisor

File sharing is enabled and I can ping the system over the network. Any other troubleshooting ideas?
Advisor

Hi everybody, is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

Trusted Contributor

Hi Canacchione,

This error may indicate that one of the shares on the target agent cannot be accessed. The CA Agent needs to open IPC$, ADMIN$ and C$ shares during the deployment process

Does NET SHARE on the target agent return IPC$, ADMIN$ and C$?

Please see this Windows Vista Note

HTH,

Daniel

Valued Contributor

Fyi, 2.1 and 5.1 are end-of-support as on 1 Nov 2011

Occasional Visitor

You have to turn off the user account control con the vista client, here are the steps to do so:

Control Panel, User Accounts, turn on/off User account control, uncheck de check box and restart

In windows 7 is the same procedure but instead of unchecking the check box you have to move down the bar.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event