Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Software Deployment on Windows 7

Software Deployment on Windows 7

Hi!

I have some problem with software deployment on Windows 7.
The same services deploy fine on Windows XP, but doesn't deploy on Windows 7
If I use the Application Self-Service Manager on Windows 7, the services installs fine.

I use HP Client Automation Standard v 7.8
Firewall on Windows 7 computer is off
I install HP Client Automation agent on Windows 7 manually.
7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Software Deployment on Windows 7

What is the application?
Is the issue occurring on just the one app or many\all?
When the install is failing I assume you're doing the push install via the console?
Please do the following...
1. On the Win7 client delete all the current CA logs from the \Agent\Log folder - some will be locked so ignore these.
2. Rerun the install from the console.
3. Zip and post the agent logs to the forum.

Karl.

Issue occuring for many application (I don't try all of them, but many different - services ComponentSelect and WindowsInstaller type)
Yes, I doing the push install via the console. In the job status is message "Remote Device Notify Successful", but installation don't begin.
Honored Contributor

you can see in the RADEXECD.LOG that the agent DOES receive the push notify from the server AND the connect does run - in the CONNECT.LOG - at 11:31:39.

But here in the log you see the issue...
NVD000000I [Execute_radpini] 11:31:46 [RADSKMAN / 0000077c] ??????? --- RADPINIT pinit_rc:[109] - [No services available, empty catalog]

So no applications are assigned to the device. And prior to this msg we see something else that is strange...
NVD000110A [GetNTInfo ] 11:31:39 [RADPINIT / 00000ab4] ??????? --- checking user names system Actual Name [???????]
NVD000000A [GetNTInfo ] 11:31:39 [RADPINIT / 00000ab4] ??????? --- A system error has occurred: [1312]
AND again we see - Userid : ???????

Did you chang.e the userid in the log from the real entry to ??????
If not then this definately does not look good. The connect should be running under the SYSTEM account and the userid\uid should be the machinename of the device running the connect!!

Karl.

I haven't change the log file.

What do you think - what is the reason for this issue?
The computer name was 7-win-32-tst-2, I rename it (win7tst2) and reinstall the HP Client Automation Agent. The error was the same.
The computer is an Active Directory domain member.

I check log files on Windows XP client computer, there everyone look fine.

Does HP Client Automation support software push installation on Windows 7? I don't look any right working HP CA agent on Windows 7 at this time :-(
Honored Contributor

Well Win7 Business and Enterprise editions are supported by CAS78.
If you have Standard version then you have an HP Support contract, right? So probably best open a support case for this one as I've never seen anything like it before.

In the meantime there are some patch updates for CAS7.8 available here so you might want to review these...
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1019518
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM993121

Karl.

Thank you for your help.

I check all Windows 7 connected to HP Client Automation and find two computers, where machine name in connect.log is right

But on this computers there are not ManagementAgent catalog and HPCA Management Agent service.
This computers where installed from Windows 7 image with HP Client Automation. When I published this Windows 7 image I use the HP Client Automation agent from media\client\ catalog on HP CA server (as it was described in manual).
Is it notmal? What I do wrong?

Something new.
I deploy the agent to one of "right" Windows 7 from HP CA Server. Agent installs successfully. But after this in connect.log on client computer was ???? instead right computer name
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event