Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System Status Stuck On Reboot Pending

Advisor

System Status Stuck On Reboot Pending

There is a single system that has it's status set to Reboot Pending, even though it has been rebooted several times since it was patched. Is there any way to manually set the status for this system? If not, how do I resolve the issue of this system showing up as needing to be rebooted when in fact it doesn't?
8 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: System Status Stuck On Reboot Pending

(Coming from a Radia perspective so hopefully have got this right)

Is the reboot pending in some sort of reporting server. The status is reported at the end of each connect. If the last connect reported as reboot needed thats what you will have in reports. Another connect is needed to update this.

Moaeed
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Initiate a Patch Connect. This should change the machine status. In the RRS check the connect time changes to the new connect time.

If there is no c hange post the client logs...

Biju
Advisor

I issued a patch compliance scan and then verified that the system had connected to the server successfully. However, it still shows a status of Reboot pending. Which client logs should I post?
Regular Advisor

thinkopen,

Perhaps you must clear Reporting Server cache...

Delete all files from ReportingServer\cache\ and reopen Reporting Server web page.

Advisor

I tried this and it didn't work. Has anybody else seen behavior like this?
Honored Contributor

The system must run another client connect and Patch Discovery so that reporting is updated.
If that don't do it use the Delete Device capability to remove it from the Reporting database and go at it again.
Advisor

Seems like that's a lot of work to fix something like this. I don't think if we put this in production deleting and then re-adding devices every time this happens is an acceptable fix.
Honored Contributor

The only other approach I can think of would be to directly massage the tables.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event