Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WMI vs WBEM

Occasional Contributor

WMI vs WBEM

Hi,

I recently installed the OVCCM and deployed agents to workstations in the network. However I notice the software only collected minimal hardware info such as Model#, Serial#, etc. Info about physical drives, graphics adapters, etc are not captured. I waited 2 days to make sure the collection process had completed. Would someone advise how to enable collection of those missing info? Should I do it on the server side or the client side?

Thanks,
YK
4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: WMI vs WBEM

Hi,

The default audit services collect only sample data..You have to modify the audit service or build a new one to collect what you need

You can edit or add new components in RIM_REPORTING.TO do that in AUDIT.PACKAGE right click RIM_REPORTING and select ADD Components. based on your need add new WMI Classes. Do remember to enable autocreate=1 in RMS.CFG.

Biju

Honored Contributor

OVCCM has a pretty limited set of Audit Services.
If you've run the Inventory wizard (page 160) as discussed on page 61 of the doc then you've about done all you can.
Perhaps you can use CMI (page 147) to some degree.
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Roy is Correct. With the new Names like CCM and CM its confusing!!!With CCM u has limited capability.

Biju
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Roy is Correct. With the new Names like CCM and CM its confusing!!!With CCM u have limited capability.

Biju
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event