Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Valued Contributor

commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Hi all,

Does anyone know the commandline for FORCE OS INSTALL ?

I want to know if there is a commandline available, so I can make a custom action in Service Desk, so that the helpdesk crew can give this command, without having access to any Radia component.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk-Jan
13 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Hi Dirik,

You can initiate an Notify from SD. But not an OS reinstall command from SD.

Biju
Valued Contributor

Hi Biju,

That is exactly what I want to do. I have to make a custom action in SD, and I have to fill in a commando that is done when the helpdesk crew is using it.

Do you know how to do this?

Regards,

Dirk-Jan
Honored Contributor

You can try this !!

radntfyc [CI Hostname] radskman ip=RADIA_RCS_IP,port=radia_port,context=m,cop=y...........

Biju
Valued Contributor

u can give this a try.

radskman ip=|mgr_ip|,port=|mgr_port|,dname=OS,cat=prompt,ulogon=n,context=m,ask=n,cop=y,catexp=ZOBJDOMN:OS,ver=y
Honored Contributor

You should use the RMP to do this.
There is a task for it.
Respected Contributor

There is more to this than simply notifying the client via a script from Service Desk.

You also must "invalidate" the device in the management portal. If you have multiple zones, you must "invalidate" in the correct mangement portal.

Frequent Advisor

There is a script todo this...

I know the name of it OSMANAGE.TCL it emulates tasks like "reevaluate", "forceosinstall"...

I am hunting for it also...

I gave up since the script will be useless in a month or so with the new version of the Portal...
Respected Contributor

A scripted method will still be a requirement for most customers even with the new version.

We use a script now as part our "helpdesk" tool kit. Admins in our QA and Developement area use the script standalone. They never use RMP.

Given that the RMP is headed towards a more open standard, I would imagine that scripting against it will still be an option.
Frequent Advisor

I totally agree, a scripting method would be needed regardless...

But I was just suggesting that the script since it was proprietary would not likely survive a major portal version, once the new portal is out (and a little time passes) I intended to redouble my efforts to find the new script (or at least confirm if the old one works).

Honored Contributor

It is my understanding that DSML will not be support in the V5 RMP as it will use openldap.
I also understand that it will use Appache so the creation of Tasks may be doable but it's not clear to me just yet.
Respected Contributor

Anyone heard a date on the next release?

Frequent Advisor

Q1 2007, we are counting on getting it...
Honored Contributor

March 31 is the date I heard..
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event