Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deleting old patches

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

deleting old patches

Hi,

one of our clients wants to delete old patches (that belongs to previous years),is that possible ?

PS:points guaranteed.

regards,
7 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: deleting old patches

you can remove unwanted resources from the CSDB using raddbutil utility. Ref Configuration Server User Guide for detail.
Make sure you perform your first deletions in your test environment.

The other way, use of retire functionality demonstrated on page 170 of 7.8 Patch guide.
Note that this will only remove the specified bulletins from the CSDB.
Valued Contributor

Hi Gurdeep,

thanks for your response.I wonder if deleting has any negative effect on patch compliance and something like that on client side ?

regards,
Respected Contributor

Hi,

I think its better to select and assign new Patches to the clients rather than deleting old patches from CSDB because you wanted it for only one client if the old patches are not at all needed you can delete them.

Regards
Sandeep.
Trusted Contributor

I would suggest taking a look at the RETIRE functionality on page 170 of the 7.8 Patch Guide.

Note that, by default, if you disconnect a user from a patch instance, the patch that was installed is NOT removed. This behavior is controlled in the ZDELETE attribute of the MANAGE instance in the Client Method (CMETHOD) class, and is disabled by default.
For more details see page 141 of the 7.8 Patch Guide.

There should be no impact on compliance in that regard.
Trusted Contributor

A lot of responses here are for CAE users, can you confirm you are using Client Automation Standard or Client Automation Enterprise? The solution currently is different based on your edition. for CAS (this forum) You can use the delete ICON in the Patch Management page which will remove the patch from the database. However before you do that, ensure the patch has been entitled from all groups it may be entitled to otherwise it will cause an agent connect issue since it is trying to resolve an entitlement that has been deleted.
Valued Contributor

Hi Steve,

My question is about client automation standard version 7.2

I am grateful to everyone who shares opinions,experiences.

best regards,
Trusted Contributor

I can't recall which version we added support for this, but is there a delete (X) icon in the Management > Patch Management > Patch Library screen?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event