Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

os image is downloaded from wrong proxy server

Super Advisor

os image is downloaded from wrong proxy server

I'm trying to figure out how the proxy server works.

I setup a proxy server on the same subnet as the HPCA 7.2 standard server.

I set all the preload options to enable (software, patches, os images) and synchronized the server. I checked the report and it all successfully synchronized.

First I tried to download a software package using the self-service manager and it correctly downloaded and installed from my proxy server.

When I tried to install an os on a bare metal machine, the machine connects to the HPCA server instead of the proxy.

So why is my os image not being downloading form the proxy server?
10 REPLIES
Super Advisor

Re: os image is downloaded from wrong proxy server

does the pxe server have to point to my proxy server?
Valued Contributor

You should not need to point to PXE server to the proxy. If this is not behaving as expected, you may need to open a support ticket for it. Be careful in the logs though... the PXE server will communicate with the main HPCA server first before it resolves the location from which the new OS should be downloaded.

If you want to attach the logs, Perhaps I or another forum person can see something there that can help.

Ben
Honored Contributor

You may have to change ROLE in your SAP instance from D to DZ.
Valued Contributor

You do not need to deal with roles in HP Client Automation Starter/Standard. Infrastructure Server (Proxy Server) setup is handled automatically by the interface.
Super Advisor

Attached are the logs files from config server, os manager and proxy server (proxy that is on the HPCA config server).

No logs files were made on the proxy server machine.

Super Advisor

I know that after the machine contacts the pxe server, it will contact the HPCA server to resolve what os the bare metal machine should get - my problem is that it just pulls the os from the wrong server.
Honored Contributor

1. for the device that we ARE able to install software apps from this proxy... is it on the same network as the device where you attempt to install the OS?

2. If the OS device is on a different subnet did you already ADD\Configure this subnet in the CAS console Configuration\Infrastructure Management tab?

3. Did you add this subnet to the remote Proxy so that it can be serviced by the proxy?

4. On the proxy itself, did you enable the Preloading of OS images? Configuration\Infrastructure Management\Server\Server Details\cache tab.

5. And did you run this preload?

HTH.

Karl.
Super Advisor

1. it is on the same network.

2. The OS device is on the same subnet.

3. I added the proxy server and added the location and linked them together.

4. Yes I enabled everything (software, patches, OS) - the file DB on the proxy is the same size as the file DB on the HPCA server.

5. I ran preload.

Do you think it's because the HPCA server and the proxy are on the same network/subnet and so it will just grab the OS from the HPCA server? It doesn't makes sense because if I try to download software, it gabs it from the proxy server.
Honored Contributor

Like you said... i does not make sense.

I would open an issue with HP support.
Refer them to this posting.

Thx.

Karl.
Super Advisor

Well one thing I should mention is that I'm not using the method described in the HPCA 7.2 standard documentation to setup the DHCP, TFTP, and PXE server.

I just installed the boot server service from the radia v5 enterprise suite and told it to point to my HPCA server.

But I would think that after the HPCA server resolves the machine state, it would tell it to point to the correct proxy server.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event