Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

7.10 and Outlook 2010 not working

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

7.10 and Outlook 2010 not working

OK, I have downloaded and setup 7.10 on Windows 7 Pro 32bit with Office 2010.  This was an install overtop of the existing Trim 7.02 that was setup a couple of days ago.

The install went fine with no errors, however after some testing the integration is not working with Outlook 2010.  Other Office 2010 Applications appear to be ok.

With the Outlook 2010 Trim buttons they are greyed out and therfore you can't trim any messages.

There are two buttons you can use, trim Find, and the HP Trim button, if you select this and select Manage, the dialog box opens but when you close the dialog box you get the following error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component CLSID {A096B723-4730-98E0-0674ACE56887} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.

Next I went into Trim and checked the Setup Information and the software versions.  It appears that a dll cannot load or is missing.

SCClo.dll  The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)

Can anyone confirm these problems and a possible fix for this?

11 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: 7.10 and Outlook 2010 not working

Have you tried going into Tools, Desktop Add-Ins, and disabling Microsoft Outlook, then closing both TRIM and Outlook, then going back into TRIM and enabling it, THEN opening up Outlook?

Frequent Advisor

Just tried it and that doesn't work.  However one thing to note;  After applying your suggestion, the first time you go into Outlook after re-enabling the Add-in, Outlook starts to open and than just quits.  If you try to open Outlook again it opens fine.  However the Trim buttons are still greyed out.

Honored Contributor

Do you have more than one dataset in your TRIM?

If so, disable the Outlook integration in all of them.  Then try my procedure again.

Frequent Advisor

Yes I have 3 datasets.

OK I have disabled the Outlook Add-in in Trim.  However, I have noticed that if you disable or enable it in one dataset, it will enable or disable in all the other datasets.  This to me is a bug.  They should have no relation to each other.

Opened and closed Outlook, same issue as before. (however Outlook did not quit the first time)

Honored Contributor

Chum70 wrote:

Yes I have 3 datasets.

OK I have disabled the Outlook Add-in in Trim.  However, I have noticed that if you disable or enable it in one dataset, it will enable or disable in all the other datasets.  This to me is a bug.  They should have no relation to each other.

Opened and closed Outlook, same issue as before. (however Outlook did not quit the first time)

The integration with Outlook (and Office etc) has always been machine specific and the integration just uses the default dataset to establish a connection.

That is why you are seeing it enable/disable when you toggle it with each dataset.

Some staff here are looking into this issue you reported now to see if they can replicate when upgrading from 7.0.2 to 7.1, but I did notice that you are using Outlook 2010 which was not support in 7.0.2 and wondering if that may have had something to do with the issue... installing the new version should work in any case, so I'll let you know what results we get.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Honored Contributor

Ok, the team has replicated when installing 7.1 over the top of 7.0.2.

We get the same greyed out buttons and error message.

Uninstalling TRIM and reinstalling fixes the issue.

We're raising it with R&D, so I'll let you know the CR number soon.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Frequent Advisor

FYI I got the same issue with Outlook 2007 after installing 7.1 over 7.0.2.  That is, I got the same error number after selecting the dataset on opening Outlook.

Regards

Pete

Frequent Advisor

...... and an un-install and fresh install fixed it.

Regular Advisor

Hi Chum70 - could you advise if you're getting any delays when moving between Inbox & Sent Items in outlook with the TRIM integration turned on?

Regular Advisor

Just an update.  After a complete uninstall and reinstall of Trim 7.10 it is now working.  Although I still have the install issue on another client PC (see other post).

With regards to the question about switching folders in Outlook, I don't experience any significant delay switching between inbox and sent items with the Trim Outlook integration turned on.

Respected Contributor

Hello Guys,

Just curious if you did a machine uninstall (group policy) or a user uninstall, just thinking this could be a registry issue in the current user and may course issues even if an un install and reinstall are attempted.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event