Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Action Tracking sending 'Made Current' email prior to start date

Frequent Advisor

Action Tracking sending 'Made Current' email prior to start date

I have just been alerted by a user to a situation with Action Tracking notifications.  Using TRIM 7.10.1157.

The user wishes to create an Action and have it start later in the year (in September).  They have marked the Start Date as being in September.  However, the Responsible Location has received their 'Action Made Current' email now, 9 months prior to the Start Date of the Action.

I have checked the System Options -> Events settings and only the 'Action is ready to commence, or has been reassigned/escalated' and 'Action is overdue' options are ticked.  I suspect that TRIM is interpreting the new Action (which is the only one on the record) as being current, however it is not ready to commence (start date is 9 months away), and has not been reassigned or escalated.

Is there a way to set up an action so that the user is notified at the Start Date (and not before)?

6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Action Tracking sending 'Made Current' email prior to start date

Just curious - in System Options - Workflow, do you have "Allow relaxed date checking for procedures" turned on? I think this used to cause similar behaviour.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Hi Neil,

Apologies for not responding sooner, I only just saw your reply.

No, we don't have 'Allow relaxed date checking for procedures' turned on.

HPE Expert

Hi Michael

OK I'll do a bit of testing and let you know what I find.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Expert

Hi Michael,

I've tested it, and it still behaves this way in the latest TRIM 7.3 release.

Then I discovered there's an open CR for this:

QCCR2D35338 Action Tracking - Email alert for action start date is sent when event is processed, can it be sent when the action is actually due to start?

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Perhaps in the meantime you could try using To Do Items? I know they send a few different e-mails - after the one that's sent immediately there's one that's sent when it first becomes overdue (according to the online help). Perhaps you could make this work for you instead of attaching an action?

Neil

Frequent Visitor

Hi, we are on 8.1 and also experiencing this issue.  Has there been any progress in working out why its happening and has it ever been fixed in future versions?

Thanks in advance...Jacqui

HPE Expert

Hi Jacqui,

QCCR2D35338 is still open, so it hasn't been fixed yet in any TRIM, RM or CM release.

Neil