Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding words to the data dictionary

Occasional Collector

Adding words to the data dictionary

Hi,

At my workplace we're undrgoing an update to TRIM 7.3 very soon (currently TRIM 6.2.5), and as part of the update we're hoping to also alter our global data dictionary to better reflect the needs of the organisation. I have a few questions in relation to this process;

1. What is the difference between the AUTOCORR.tlx file and the correct.tlx file in terms of what they do for the global dictionary?

2. In the correct.tlx file the correct spelling of words are followed by either the prefix 'A' or 'C', does this reflect that they are part of the AUTOCORR.tlx or CONDORR.tlx files, or something different entirely?

3. Can changes be made to the AUTOCORR.tlx and CONDCORR.tlx files? And if so do these changes also have to be made in the correct.tlx file?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Adelaide

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding words to the data dictionary

Here is what the prefixes mean in the correct.tlx file:

A -- Auto change (use case of checked word)

a -- Auto change (use case of other word)

C -- Conditionally change (use case of checked word)

c -- Conditionally change (use case of other word)

i -- Ignore (skip)

e -- Exclude (treat as misspelled)

I don't believe you can modify the core files.  If memory serves me correct they are compiled.  Modifying them won't make a difference (though I could be wrong here).

If you really want push out changes, do so in the user files.  Remember this doesn't apply to the web client(s).  Also it's just really a complete pain.

Honored Contributor

Occasional Collector

Thank you so much! You've been really helpful.