Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alternatively Contained Within Records & The Webclient

Occasional Advisor

Alternatively Contained Within Records & The Webclient

Records that have been alternatively contained within a container/file in HPRM8 do not appear in that container when using the Webclients. They also do not show up in the  even when right clicking on the Container and selecting to Navigate to the Contained Records ( + Alternative) in the Classic Webclient.

Is there any way to make it so it shows them normally in the webclient by default? It is less confusing for the end users than having to manually search for containerEx:'record number'.

the browser being used is Google Chrome.

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Alternatively Contained Within Records & The Webclient

Sounds familiar, would you be able to confirm the version you are experiencing this in?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Honored Contributor

Re: Alternatively Contained Within Records & The Webclient

I raised this as a support call about two weeks ago.  There is a workaround - but it is an "all or Nothing" workaround in that it applies to all users and does not take the per-user option to include Alt Within into account.

This is 8.3:

Edit file C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Records Manager\Web Client\Scripts\HP.HPRM.Web.js

Go to Line 24518 – should be function searchContainerClick

Change:

String.format("container:{0}"

To

String.format("containerEx:{0}"     

i.e. Just add the two characters Ex to the end of the word container 

Save the file and then it will work in the web client.

For 8.2, the file is at C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Records Manager\Web Client\Scripts\ HP.HPRM.Web.js   and the line number is 15410 and the function is SearchContainerHandler.getHandler

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event