Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Another one RM8.1.7760 - Users can drop docs into closed volume regardless of warning message

Valued Contributor

Another one RM8.1.7760 - Users can drop docs into closed volume regardless of warning message

Hi

HP RM8.1.1.7760, win 7, sql 2012, Ms office 2010

Average suers (Records Managers with downgraded privileges/permissions) can drag&drop newly made docs into closed volumes/containers now in HP RM8.1..7760.? There is a message saying :

the record you have selected has been closed but later part is available.Press OK to store it in the latest folder or else - cancel. User clicks OK and the dcouemnt is stored intot he closed volume.

This is also urgen issue and any advice is welcomed.

P.S. Permissions for this user type does not allow users to change containers...

What could be the issue here and how to fix it?

thanks

8 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Another one RM8.1.7760 - Users can drop docs into closed volume regardless of warning message

Just ran through the steps, it looks like ti is working as intended you might jsut need to update your system settings.

This is the message you mention

The "New" container is the 15/12-01 which is this scenario is the closed container.

So selecting the "enclose the record in the new container" will enclose it to the closed container. So that is correct.

What you will need to do is go the system options and under the record tab - "When placing records in a closed container" change from "display warning" to "prevent"

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Re: Another one RM8.1.7760 - Users can drop docs into closed volume regardless of warning message

Thanks,

It looks that is not it ..

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just searched my mailbox on HP Software Knowledgebase Notification and find out this one:

QCCR2D55074

Not exactly 100 % related, but ..

Anyway, as a temp measure now we need to develop a search for :

all documents:

date registered: previous day

Containair status: closed

The idea is to do an audit to find all documents made yesterday , placed into closed containers.

regards

HPE Expert

Yep you're right, something is going on there. I just had the same issue after I added prevent.

I'll run some more testing and get back to you.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**

Hi,

We found this issue last month and HP have agreed that it's a defect (#QCCR2D55074).

"will be fixed in future release" was the latest update I received.

Cheers

Jacko

HPE Expert

Yep you are right, that is the known issue. Sorry I missed that.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone here not busy as me at the moment to advise about the search that will display documents registered yesterday and  placed in closed container ?

Much appreciated.

Regards'

Frequent Advisor

Not the best search, but something to start on:

registeredOn:Last Day and container:[closedOn:1/01/1900 to Yesterday]

This search finds documents that were registered yesterday and the container closed before yesterday. I am not sure if there is any search  which can check if the container was closed at the time of registration of the document...

How about restricted the 'contribute content' access control of all closed files. the down-side would be the unrelated warning message the user would possibly get - ' you do not have access to contribute content'...