Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assignee and Owner Location on new File creation

Honored Contributor

Assignee and Owner Location on new File creation

Hi

In 6.2.x when creating a new file (before it is saved) when we changed the Assignee, the Owner Location would also change to match the organisation of the new Assignee.  (Our default setting for "Assignee" is "Current logon" and the default for "Record Owner Location" is "Default Organisation of Assignee")

We found this behaviour very useful.

In 7.1.1150 it does not change, even though I have the same system settings.

When creating a new record, Assignee gets set to the current logon and owner location gets set to the organisation of the current logon, but changing the Assignee before the record is saved does not change the owner location.

I do not expect the location to change once the record is saved. Its the behaviour before it saved that is different between 6.2.x and 7.1.1150

Am I missing a setting???

Cheers

8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Assignee and Owner Location on new File creation

I just tried this in 6.2.5 (1335).

I initiated the creation of a new folder record, with the fields Assignee and Owner Location on the form.

My system defaults are Current Login for Record Assignee, and Default Organization of Assignee for Owner Location.

On the properties form, it showed me as the assignee and my department.  Then BEFORE clicking the OK button to save the record, I changed the Assignee to another person whose in a totally different department.  The Owner Location field did NOT change.

I then "saved" the record and went into it's properties after that.  The Assignee showed the other member I selected, but the Owner Location still reflects MY department.

Does that follow the scenario you were saying works in v6.2x ?  If so, it sure didn't for me.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for checking.

In 6.2.x

6.2.1, 6.2.3 (build 1147) , 6.2.4, and 6.2.5 (build 1332)  the behaviour of changing Owner Location to match organisation of Assignee for a new unsaved file works.

(I don't know what builds of 6.2.1 and 6.2.4 we used as we no longer have them but it definetly worked as we relied on it. We neved used 6.2.2)

In 7.1.1150 it does not.

I'm wondering if there is some option thats enabled that I haven't set when doing the new install.

Is there anyone else with a 6 or 7 version Trim install can check this ?

Cheers

Honored Contributor

I just tried on 1132 and works fine.
Honored Contributor

Thanks Erik,

is '1132' a 6.2.x or a 7.1.x build ??  if its a 7.1.x build is it 32 or 64 bit ??

Cheers

Mark

HPE Expert

Hi Rich_Kid,

You're not imagining it. I can confirm this is not behaving as it should in 7.1.0. It was reported as an issue with early 7.0 releases and (supposedly) fixed in 7.0.2 under change request QCCR2D39048.

I'll report it to product development again.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
HPE Expert

I've logged it with product development. Will post the CR number once it's generated. My steps to reproduce are:

Using the DemoDB and logging in as Peter Abbott:

1.      On Publication File Folder record type, Defaults tab:
a.      Set Owner Location default to nothing (blank).
b.      Set Home Location default to nothing (blank)
c.      Set Assignee default to nothing (blank)

2.      On Publication File Folder record type, Form tab:
a.      Add Owner Location and Home location fields to form.

3.      In System Options - Locations tab:
a.      Default for Assignee = Current Login
b.      De-select "Use Owner from classification"
c.      Default for Owner = Default Organisation of Assignee
d.      De-select "Use Owner from container"
e.      Default for Home = Default Organisation of Assignee

4.      In Tools - Record - Classifications:
a.      For Accommodation - Domestic - Acquisition, set Home and Owner to nothing (blank)

5.      Create a new Publication File Folder record

6.      Note that before any data is entered/changed on the form:
a.      Assignee is current logged in user (Peter Abbott) as per system options
b.      Home is Assignee's organisation (Records Sub-Section) as per system options
c.      Owner is Assignee's organisation (Records Sub-Section) as per system options

7.      Select the classification 'Accommodation - Domestic - Acquisition'

8.      Note that location fields haven't changed because no defaults are defined on classification:
a.      Assignee is still current user (Peter Abbott) as per system options
b.      Home is still Assignee's organisation (Records Sub-Section) as per system options
c.      Owner is still Assignee's organisation (Records Sub-Section) as per system options

9.      Now change the Assignee to Gavin Nemo
a.      Note that the Home Location changes to Aquarium as expected (based on System option Default for Home = Default Organisation of Assignee)
b.      Note that the Owner Location DOES NOT CHANGE, but it SHOULD also change to Aquarium (based on System option Default for Owner = Default Organisation of Assignee)

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

Honored Contributor

Thanks Neil for confirming its a bug and reporting it to engineering.

Cheers

HPE Expert

QCCR2D41233 - Record Type - Default Owner Location does not automatically change when Assignee is changed

Looks like it was originally fixed in 7.02...but somehow missed also being fixed in 7.1...I wish I knew why these things happen...

Neil