Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assignee for Workflow Activity

Occasional Advisor

Assignee for Workflow Activity

I am on 7.1.2.1879

I complete the first activity from my activities due tray. The second activity appears in the activities due tray and it has 2 results [Accept or Reject (tag one of the available results)]. I select one of the results by tagging it, clicking OK. I then get 2 windows looking for an assignee for both results Accept and Reject. This only happens from the activities due tray. When I am in the workflow editor, I tag one result, get the assignee window, put in a name and away it goes. I do not get the second assignee window for the other result. What am I missing?

10 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Assignee for Workflow Activity

When looking at the workflow editor, are the arrowheads pointing to the next activities (accept and reject) solid or clear?

Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Have had the arrows both solid and clear, same behavior.

Honored Contributor

I can verify this behavior exists in 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and the latest 7.3.  So I guess the answer is going to be that it's expected behavior.

Frequent Advisor

That may be known behavior, but it is still unacceptable.  It makes no sense to the end user.  So, this means we need to train our users to expect stupid behavior because HP Trim doesn't' behave like better designed workflow tools.  It behaved properly before why not now?  It works with the editor so why can't it work with the activity screen?  Hp needs to fix this.  If the code makes it work one way, it certainly should be able to make it work in both object displays.

Occasional Advisor

Yes, my end users do not like that behavior, it doesn't’t make sense. I’m guessing HP TRIM workflow is not really that robust with regard to enterprise content management. We just began using it.  I have been testing 7.3 I’m having some issues with workflow there also. How do others handle these kinds of deficiencies? Anyone have a recommendation for a workflow product that can easily be integrated with HP TRIM. Along with  any suggestions for a business case to spend more money even though we already pay for workflow module.

Thanks

Patrick Crowley_1 wrote:

That may be known behavior, but it is still unacceptable.  It makes no sense to the end user.  So, this means we need to train our users to expect stupid behavior because HP Trim doesn't' behave like better designed workflow tools.  It behaved properly before why not now?  It works with the editor so why can't it work with the activity screen?  Hp needs to fix this.  If the code makes it work one way, it certainly should be able to make it work in both object displays.

Honored Contributor

There are no other real good options (as far as other products that are integrated).  Some partners have workflow automation tools that can fix a lot of these sorts of problems though.  Maybe reach out to your business partner and see what they can do for you.

Other than that, I would wait a month or two and ask again (there may be relavant information coming soon from HP).

Occasional Advisor

What do you mean by (there may be relavant information coming soon from HP)?
EWillsey wrote:

There are no other real good options (as far as other products that are integrated).  Some partners have workflow automation tools that can fix a lot of these sorts of problems though.  Maybe reach out to your business partner and see what they can do for you.

Other than that, I would wait a month or two and ask again (there may be relavant information coming soon from HP).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Helena

I've been in contact with the TRIM R&D team and they've requested that you log this issue with the Support team.  Once it's in the system they will be able to investigate the issue and action it appropriately.

Thanks and cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Helena,

This is a good answer. 

Honored Contributor

Helena,

I meant that there are two upcoming HP conferences (Discover and IGF).  Often times conferences are where new product features are released.  Maybe something will be announced there (like at last year's TUF)?  Just guessing.

Cheers,

Erik