Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Audit of Record Actions

Contributor

Audit of Record Actions

A user has disputed completing a record action for which they were not the responsible location, despite their name being displayed in the "Completed by Location" column  as having completed the action. As completing record actions do not fall with active audit events is there any way I can audit the record to see who and when the record action was completed.   

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Audit of Record Actions

If you were recording the offline audit logs (System Options > Events tab > Audit Logging), then you will be able to see who did what at that time, including machine it was done from etc etc.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Contributor

Action tracking audit events have been turned on in the TRIM audit log in System Options.

Would I not be able to see action tracking audit events such as completions, reassignments by viewing the active audit events for the particular record, or would they be located somewhere else?

Honored Contributor

I think you're going to have to go to the offline audit log as recommended for that.  However, I agree with you that they should be in the active audit events for the particular record.  I'll check it out in HP TRIM v7 tomorrow for you and see what happens.

Honored Contributor

albywhite wrote:

Action tracking audit events have been turned on in the TRIM audit log in System Options.

Would I not be able to see action tracking audit events such as completions, reassignments by viewing the active audit events for the particular record, or would they be located somewhere else?

The system options > events > Audit Logs are 'Offline' audit logs that are recorded to a text file on the event server.

So you will need to get the log files off the Event Server machine. (They are all dated correctly etc)

These logs are completely serparate to the Active Audit Events which are configured on the Record Type Properties.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au

I've just been performing some testing as we are looking to upgrade to TRIM 6.2.5 & I've noticed that action tracking events have been added to the active audit events (log) on Record Types.

Not really a solution for you now, but certainly something to keep an eye on for the future.

For now the online audit logs will let you find the information you are looking for.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event