Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Behavior Check viewing emails in native renditions - TRIM 7.1 #1157

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

Behavior Check viewing emails in native renditions - TRIM 7.1 #1157

We recently upgraded from 6.2.2 8617 and to enhance user functionality included under the TRIM Option to "When viewing mail messages and a Native Mail Rendition exists, launch the Native Mail Application (e.g. Outlook). This works fine with Outlook, but we previously utilised Lotus Notes as our email service so when trying to view these emails we get the following error:   “HP TRIM Mail Launcher for Lotus Notes could not be started. Execution of 'TRIMnnmf.exe' failed - The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002).” The preview tab shows the content as it uses the TRIM viewer it is just when you try to Right click View it trys to open it in its native format.

I know this message makes sense as Lotus Notes is no longer on client machines but I would have thought if the native application was not available it would automatically default to  use the TRIM viewer for these emails.

I just want to clarify that this is the correct behavior as we have had a number of "odd" behavior issues since our upgrade.

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Behavior Check viewing emails in native renditions - TRIM 7.1 #1157

Cathy Fyfe wrote:
this message makes sense as Lotus Notes is no longer on client machines but I would have thought if the native application was not available it would automatically default to  use the TRIM viewer for these emails.

That's about right. :)

If you tell TRIM to use the native client but the native client doesn't exist, TRIM doesn't understand that Lotus isn't there, it just gets an error that it couldn't open.

There's no automatic failover to the TRIMViewer, but maybe you could send that in as an enhancement request? (Though I think we're looking at chaning how mail is stored/opened soon, so this might not be needed)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Advisor

Re: Behavior Check viewing emails in native renditions - TRIM 7.1 #1157

Thought as such :)

thanks for the confirmation.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event