Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bulk Updating a location in Trim via a list of records in CSV file

Frequent Advisor

Bulk Updating a location in Trim via a list of records in CSV file

Currently running Trim 7.3.4 and I would like to know the best way to bulk update a Location in Trim via a CSV file . A have a CSV which contains a list of records and I want to be able to use that CSV ( list of records _  to find the record in Trim and reset its location but I am unsure which tool in trim I can use to acheive this .

Thanks In advance

Marc

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Bulk Updating a location in Trim via a list of records in CSV file

Sounds like TRIMport is what you are after. Used for export\import of TRIM data.

There is a helpfile in the install directory that has a lot of info in it. And you should always run a test import before changing production dataset information

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Occasional Contributor

Re: Bulk Updating a location in Trim via a list of records in CSV file

Hi.

In the past I have used and still use today the SDK via an Excel macro to do jobs like this.

You can control the code and have way less accidents than Dataport as you can write in validation and error traps.

Each version has its own library, so keeping scripts upto date is straight forward.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event