Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Containers - Access Controls preventing

Frequent Advisor

Changing Containers - Access Controls preventing

End users are suddenly having trouble changing containers on document type records... They are getting a message which says 'Access Controls prevent you from changing the Container for this Record'... these are Records which they have been able to change before (shows in the Active Audit Events for the document).  Any suggestions?  They are 'Information Workers' and have 'Change Container' permissions.

(TRIM 6.2.2.8614)

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing Containers - Access Controls preventing

Has anything, security wise, changed on the containers or documents?  Or, have the containers been closed or placed on a hold?  etc, etc, etc...

Honored Contributor

The user trying to change the container of the document must:

- Be a member of the current Owner Location of the Container/Document.

- Have 'Modify Access' access controls

- Have 'Destroy Record' access controls

I'm guessing you are using 'Based On Container' access controls on at least one of the access types on the document?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Hi Grundy,

I've just had a user who has encountered the same issue.  I've checked that they are in the same Owner Location as the record, and are within the group listed for 'Modify Access' and 'Destroy Record' access in the Default Record Access section.

These access controls are 'based on container', but the user is within the appropriate group listed on the container record too.

I'm obviously missing something.

Michael

Trusted Contributor

Two other places to check:

1. the record type settings; and

2. If the file is titled using the BCS then check the access controls and default security on the BCS term properties.

I know it seems madness that the access to a BCS term can affect a document but I've seen it happen. :-)

Cheers

Michael

HPE Expert

Perhaps get the user to right-click on the document and select Details - View Rights. Sometimes this can give clues to point you in the right direction.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/