Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing user authentication from Novell e-Directory to Windows Active Directory - TRIM 6.2.3 1147

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

Changing user authentication from Novell e-Directory to Windows Active Directory - TRIM 6.2.3 1147

Hi All,

Does anyone know which registry keys in the current user hive contain system authentication? We are planning to migrate from Novell e-Directory to Windows Active Directory. TRIM 6.2.3 1147 has been installed in client workstations with authentication to  Novell e-Directory. Once the workstations & users are migrated to Windows Active Directory, TRIM will not be able to authenticate to the workgroup servers, which have been migrated to the organisation domain (windows). I hope this make sense.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Viva Sandino!

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing user authentication from Novell e-Directory to Windows Active Directory - TRIM 6.2.3 11

On the client side, you should just need to clear the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOWER Software\TRIM5\MSI Setup\NOVTREE  (string)

And set:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOWER Software\TRIM5\MSI Setup\WINDOMAIN = 1

I've attached a .reg file but renamed to .txt.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Re: Changing user authentication from Novell e-Directory to Windows Active Directory - TRIM 6.2.3 11

Cheers Grundy! That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm. There is one critical regkey that needed to be cleared which is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tower Software\TRIM5

\Network\Resource=<NOVELL_TREE> (String)

We were able to successfully connect to the workgroup servers configured to authenticate through our domain.

Thanks for your assistance.

Honored Contributor

Yep, sorry, that key as well!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event