Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Checking in documents checked out by users who no longer have access to TRIM

Regular Advisor

Checking in documents checked out by users who no longer have access to TRIM

Hi

Which permissions should we enable to allow Information Managers to be able to check in documents checked out by users who have left the organisation?  We know that System Administrators can do this but we'd like to delegate this function to Information Managers.

Many thanks

Annabelle

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Checking in documents checked out by users who no longer have access to TRIM

I believe it is the Record Administration permission.

But this also gives a lot of other admin functionality.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Regular Advisor

Re: Checking in documents checked out by users who no longer have access to TRIM

Hi Grundy

Thanks for your reply,  unfortunately it does not work.  After an extensive testing , we found the correct permission but it is not something we can grant without considerable risk to the integrity of the system.  I guess this function has to remain with the administrators for now.

Many thanks

Honored Contributor

It wasn't Record Admin?  Was it the Record Admin Restricted permissions or something else?

(Been a while since I've tested this behaviour)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Regular Advisor

Hi Grundy

A basic end user permissions with Document Store enabled allows check in of documents checked out by other users.  However, we cannot allow any other users apart from system administrators to create, update or delete document stores.

Thanks

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event