Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creator - No Information Available

Trusted Contributor

Creator - No Information Available

I noticed that in one record  registered today, 9/26/2012,  the creator is "no information available."    Why?  Was there some glich in the record registration process that occurred at the time, that prevented the field "creator" from being populated.   

From my review of our records, I believe that this is the first time that this has occurred.

When I looked in TSRecloc there is no reference to creator in the table for this record.  So the display of this field is not getting blocked.     I don't think this is a security issue.

Any idea what happened?  Has anyone come across this error?  Is this error a symptom of something far more serious? Or is this a bug?

We are using Trim 7.1.0.1157.

Thanks.

RD

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Creator - No Information Available

I've seen it happen once before.... ended up just running a schema repair for giggles.  Never happened again... though I don't think the schema repair fixed it.

The insert for the creator is done as part of the transaction sent from the client.  Maybe check that the person who submitted the document has the most recent version ( check the online or server-side audit log for the user's name).

Honored Contributor

I don't like the fact that creating a record in trim is not done as a transaction thats backed out if the update dosnt complete properly. Creating a record without a mandatory field like "creator"should simply not be allowed to happen

So the fact you have at  least one incomplete record could mean you have others that have gone undetected

I would check and identify any records that are missing

Assignee, Owner, and Home Locations

Records that have default access conrols that are missing

Records that use a record type that uses a classification title that does not have a classification

etc etc

you can do this with string searches in the client (just make sure its an admin account that your searching with)  or you can do it on the tables in SQL

HPE Expert

Rich_Kid wrote:

I don't like the fact that creating a record in trim is not done as a transaction that's backed out if the update doesn't complete properly. Creating a record without a mandatory field like "creator"should simply not be allowed to happen

I believe it's done as a complete transaction that's rolled back if an error occurs. It's a bit premature and probably unfair to be openly criticising TRIM here without first having some evidence of what went wrong. Things such as error messages being presented to a user, SQL Server being taken offline in the middle of the working day without first stopping the TRIM services, the TRIM server disconnecting from the network mid-transaction, the user's PC crashing in the middle of a transaction, etc. RogerDodger is talking about one record here. The cause could be just about anything.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/