Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DCI - Pending transaction file

Frequent Advisor

DCI - Pending transaction file

We have just recently started using the DCI for TRIM 7.1.0 1157 (on Windows Server 2008 R2).

We’re getting the following message reported every minute in the TRIMDCIyyyy_mm-dd.log file:

02:38:14                     0       UW        ***** The secondary content index in folder \\its-win-023\TRIM_DOCSTORE\DCI\UW\SDB_2012022402 has a pending transaction file (\\its-win-023\TRIM_DOCSTORE\DCI\UW\SDB_2012022402\TRIMpending.bin).  This indicates that a previous call to update the index using these transactions has failed.  All content indexing will cease for this database until the problem has been rectified.

I was hoping someone could advise me what we can do to resolve this error?

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: DCI - Pending transaction file

Pause the DCI idexing, go into that directory and rename "TRIMPending.bin" to "TRIMtrans.bin", continue processing the events.  If it keeps happening contact support.

Frequent Advisor

thanks for your prompt reply. We've already tried your suggestion and unfortunately that hasn't resolved the issue. I'll log this with HP support as you suggest.

cheers

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a HOTFix for 1821 which I assume would be required for 1157 the DLL's pushed need to be updated to version 9.7.2

isyspdfl.dll

isyspdf6.dll

The error message you are reporting is a standard error that can occur if DCI fails on the a document open error or a few other errors occur.  sometimes in your isys folder where your dci is you have an isys.log file that captures the single documetn that the dci failed on have a look there.

Cheers

Phil

Frequent Advisor

Hi Phil,

HP provided us with the dll's that you mention after we had some problems the first time we tried running the DCI back in December last year. The isyspdfl.dll version we have is 9.7.0.2 (you mention 9.7.2, I'm assuming that was a typo?).

Our DBA has looked in the isys.log and found these:

4/12/2011 8:50:38 PM  -  An Internal Error has occurred. If this reoccurs, contact vendor and quote code: HwDelete-03

25/02/2012 2:03:37 AM  -  An Internal Error has occurred. If this reoccurs, contact vendor and quote code: HwDelete-03

We've got someone from the HP helpdesk looking into the problem for us, but if you've got any other words of advise I'd gladly hear them.

many thanks

Jane