Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DataPort - Importing electronic records

Frequent Advisor

DataPort - Importing electronic records

Using RM 8.1 Build 7517 and trying to import records using DataPort.   Using Dataport I am able to import and create new records bu the elctronic objects will not import as well.  I have no errors in the log files (was getting errors saying it couldn't find the file but have resolved them). but regardless of what I do I can't get the electronic objectis to import.  Anyone have any idea's on what I am doing wrong or what I have missed?

Thanks

8 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: DataPort - Importing electronic records

Hi Jamie,

You've kinda answered the obvious questions already. There needs to be a column in your import data with the file name ('DOS File' from memory), and DataPort needs the full path to the file; either included in the DOS File field, or derived using the path you specified in the import configuration.

I suggest turning on detailed logging for the workgroup service and see if there are any clues in there next time you try. Perhaps there's something wrong with your target record type configuration...but you'd tend to expect to see errors in the DataPort log if there was.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Niel,

Thanks for the reply.  I have eveyrthing correct in the files.  Looking at the logs the only error I can see is:

An [fileBeingSentToWGS ] object was terminated due to disconnection from a client

Any idea's on what may be causing this?

Thanks

HPE Expert

From the error message, it looks like a connection problem between the DataPort workstation or document location and the WGS. 

There maybe some further information in the WGS logs about what is happening - but the move of the file from the location speciified in the DataPort session to the WGS Streaming folder is where it is failing.

Regards,

Tony

(Please state the version of TRIM/HP RM you're using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com .
Frequent Advisor

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.  I could not see any further details in logs that indicated why the issue is occuring.  I have logged a support call to try to resolve this.

Occasional Advisor

We are also facing similar issue while importimg the electronic files via dataport. We are using V8.11 build 7919 which is logging an error that the file not found at the given path. The file path is given as full path in DOS File field.
Did you find any resolution for your issue?

Thanks,

Snehal

HPE Expert

Hi Snehal,

Try leaving the "Electronic Document Directory" field blank in your DataPort project. It should be able to find the files from the full path you've included in the import file data.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

I did not have any issues when importing in HP RM8.1.1.7919 or HP Rm8.1.1.7760

Always use this template

TXT is saved as UTF-8 

All 4 records imported 

Also, a Dataportshare is established on the main WGS 

Regards

Frequent Advisor

I experienced the same behavior. On a remote machine I could not create a file and import the electronic document together. I had to first create the record and then re-import with update on duplicate set to then bring in the electronic document.

However, running on the server, I was able to import both metadata and the electronic document together without errors.