Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dataset Constraint Issues - WKDOCUSA

Occasional Advisor

Dataset Constraint Issues - WKDOCUSA

Hi All,

I have a trim dataset (6.2.4.1240) that is reporting constraint issues on the WKDOCUSA table. From what I can gather this table is linking workflow activities to workflow documents, which link to records.

What would having duplicate rows in this table do to performance and reliability?

Is there any harm in removing them?

Since they are duplicate rows, does it matter which one is deleted? Could I just delete the duplicate with the min uri value e.g. delete from wkdocusa where uri in (select distinct MIN(uri) from ....))?

Cheers,

PL

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Dataset Constraint Issues - WKDOCUSA

I would not recommend deleting anything directly from the TRIM database unless you have specific instructions to do so from a HP TRIM Support staff member / DBA.

How have you determined that these are actual duplicates?

Are you sure that this isn't normal behaviour for a particular type of Workflow template you have setup?

Unless you are getting an error when using Workflow, I would suggest leaving the 'duplicates' there until you can discuss the issue directly with the TRIM support team at HP.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

TRIM is reporting the constraint being violated when running the Dataset -> Constraints checks from TRIM Enterprise Studio on the server.

I'm not sure about it being normal behavior or not.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, TRIM doesn't use database transactions when creating/updating a TRIM object (eg. record, location, ..).

This can lead to a situation that the first part of the series of SQL succeeds and then TRIM aborts. When retrying to create/update the object, the uri's already exist in the database and you get a constraint error when the constraints are enabled in your dataset.

This way, you can end up with records without creator, authentication, ...

When you don't have constraints enabled, you can only detect it the way you found this.

We asked Tower Software to change this years ago, but R&D did not solve this one yet...

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HPE Enterprise Services
HPE Expert

TRIM doesn't use database transactions? Is this strictly true? I know I've seen TRIM using a batch of statements in a transaction to create a record in TRIM, and rolling back all statements in the transaction if one fails.

Sander wrote:

Unfortunately, TRIM doesn't use database transactions when creating/updating a TRIM object (eg. record, location, ..).

This can lead to a situation that the first part of the series of SQL succeeds and then TRIM aborts. When retrying to create/update the object, the uri's already exist in the database and you get a constraint error when the constraints are enabled in your dataset.

This way, you can end up with records without creator, authentication, ...

When you don't have constraints enabled, you can only detect it the way you found this.

We asked Tower Software to change this years ago, but R&D did not solve this one yet...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/