Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Default Container Number

Advisor

Default Container Number

Hi, we would like to select multiple documents and drag and drop into a folder that has been created in TRIM. This puts the documents in a document queue and I then tag all and right click and select Check In. However, the metadata form appears and wants me to enter the container for each and every document. Since I am dragging and dropping directly into the folder, is there a way to get the container field to populate based on where I an dragging and dropping? I do not want to specify a default container under Options because the folder that the documents will be placed in will be different everytime. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Default Container Number

In the properties for the document queue (tools, records, document queue, right click on the document queue then select properties), you CAN set the default record type and container for that particular document queue in the OPTIONS tab.

Advisor

Re: Default Container Number

Thank you for the reply. Is there a option/method so that dragging and dropping multiple files directly into the folder, "TRIM knows" that it's going into that folder and the user doesn't have to specify a container?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event