Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting finalised documents

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

Deleting finalised documents

Hello, I'm cleaning out our Training dataset, basically deleting all the records that have been added so that our Training team can start fresh this year. I've come across a problem where I have several finalized documents that are also checked out. When I try to delete them, I get an error message stating the document is final and cannot be returned. Then I try to change it from a final to draft document, and I get the error message that the document is checked out and needs to be checked in before I can change it to draft. I have administrative rights, and still can't remove these documents. How can I get rid of them?

Thanks!

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia
8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Deleting finalised documents

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this through the client.  You need to go directly to the database and clear out he date finalized column for those records in the TSRECORD table.  I think this was identied as a bug in some previous builds of HP.

Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
Joanna Thompson
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Honored Contributor

I've never tried it, but you might be able to do a TRIMPort export, clear out the date finalized column, and then import those records back (you don't need to re-import all the fields, just the record number and the date finalized field I believe). Since it's a test environment anyways would be worth trying it out... through from the database it should only take a few minutes to clear out.
Frequent Advisor

Interesting idea. Thanks, I might give it a try!

Joanna Thompson
Frequent Advisor

I tried the TRIMPort route, but alas, it did not work. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Joanna Thompson
Honored Contributor

Did you go directly to the database and make the change?

Honored Contributor

I believe this can be done through the TRIM client:

1) Mark all records you need to process

2) Click Check In with the Ignore changes option

3) Click the Final option and choose Draft

4) Delete the records

The only records that you won't be able to check in are e-mails that were catalogued through a document queue with the check out option turned on. TRIM will prevent any check in operation on e-mails.

For a training environment you could also configure the environment once, make a snapshot and restore it back after each training. That way you're return to a known starting condition every time you give a training without the mess created in previous trainings.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HPE Enterprise Services
Frequent Advisor

[ Edited ]

I asked our techs if they could do it but they don't have time - they're pretty busy and we can work around the issue, so it's low priority.  Still, it would be nice to be able to fix these when they happen.  I just wish I knew HOW they were created, because we aren't supposed to be able to do this.  Oh well.   Thanks for your help!

Joanna Thompson