Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Assembly and V7.1 and document numbering

Occasional Contributor

Document Assembly and V7.1 and document numbering

Hi,

TRIM V7.1 no longer supports Document Assembly and, because we must have support for Office 2010, we must move to V7.1 but that presents a critical issue for a group of our users.. One of our departments (the Office of the Chief Executive) used Document Assembly to select various templates when preparing ministerial briefing papers. A byproduct of this process was that each briefing paper was given a unique sequential number assigned by TRIM during the Document Assembly process. This number was incorporated into the document's header, was secure and always printed.

Unfortunately the document number on ministerial briefing papers is critical to our needs. Is there any work around for this issue?

TIA - Peter

3 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Document Assembly and V7.1 and document numbering

Hi  Peter

Please contact your Account Manager (if you're not sure who this is, let me know) to discuss your Document Assembly requirement.

(not to put anyone off from responding, if you have some ideas how to get around this, please share them!).

Cheers

Helen :smileyhappy:

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Honored Contributor

In Europe we have a customer using MIT Office.  This has similar functionality to Document Assembly (actually rather more); integrates with MS Office including 2010 as well as Open Office and integrates with TRIm for teh back end.  The only down-side I can see is that templates are not stored in TRIM and (surprise) there is a cost to it!

Their web site is at www.iwriter.nl - or in english, via Google Translate  here. I have an English version of their data sheet (not a great deal of technical content...) if you want it, and contact details.....

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event