Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document on top of the existing one, but for average users?

Frequent Advisor

Document on top of the existing one, but for average users?

Hi,

In TRIM 7.1.1150, what do we need to do in regards to access privileges  to allow "Information Worker" users to put the new document/revision on top of the existing one , but without the need of checking out the existing document  to offline records, but rather just using drag/drop document on top of the existing one, as we with Admin access can do? Is it possible to change the access or we need to do something in regards to records type / document type .e.g.to allow adding the native mail rendition , as we allow renditions for MS Word, Excel, etc?

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Document on top of the existing one, but for average users?

The Record Administration permissions provides this ability I think.

Has been some time since I checked this, but it would be a quick easy test to tick 'Record Administration' permission for one of your info workers to see.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, I knew that, but I want to prevent the user have "all" Records Administration privileges. It must be "allow placing the document revision as drag/drop only, without the error " Documents is not checked out to you" appearing... Do wee need to change something in the Record Type ( Document ) area? Is there any other way .... or workaround? 

Regards

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately you can't provide any more granular permissions within the 'Record Administration' permission.

It's either all or nothing.

I think this has come up previously over the years (drag over existing record without that error message), but the behaviour hasn't changed as far as I'm aware.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Hi

I'm not sure, but you may be able to do this without checking out under your current settings by having the users "check in" a new revision but it would not allow them to drag and drop.

If you right click and click check in - select the document off the share drive/hard drive and then select "New revision" I think this will work for Information Workers

Not sure how helpful this is, obviously not exactly what you want but slightly simpler.

Good luck :)