Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document "Preview" size to "Fit to window"

Occasional Advisor

Document "Preview" size to "Fit to window"

I was wondeinrg if the "preview" size can be defaulted to " Fit to Window" - currently it is defaulted to " Fit to Window Width" and we are trying to view some pictures, every time I select a new document I have to right click on the picture and resize from "Fit to Window Width" to Fit to Window. 

5 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Document "Preview" size to "Fit to window"

We find this very annoying too, when trying to take a quick look at a selection of photos.  Even if the TRIM option to "use same viewer window when viewing electronic documents" is selected, the view resets the size for each new document.  The only workaround we have found is to make sure the file type is set to bypass viewer, and install a third party software package that will open new documents in the same application window.  Paint.net is one example.  However, it has the disadvantage of keeping previous documents open, using additional system memory as you go.  You can use Ctrl-W to quickly close them periodically though.

HPE Expert

Which version are you running?

I just ran a quick test in 8.2 and it looks to have been changed to allow the setting to be kept:

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Something to look forward to, then!  We are still on 7.3.4, dragging feet . . . .  Thanks Greg!

Occasional Advisor

We are running HPRM 8.1.1. - and the setting defaults to "Fit to Window Width" ;(

Valued Contributor

Annoying indeed... Would anyone know if there is a config file somewhere which governs this default behaviour?