Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document returned unchanged while a user has document open for editing

Esteemed Contributor

Document returned unchanged while a user has document open for editing

I am having reports from some users of documents being returned unchanged without their knowledge while they have checked out a document for editing and it is open in the authoring application. Once they save and close the document and view the document in TRIM, their latest changes are not present.

I find in most cases the document with latest changes is saved in the users offline records and can be restored.

Is anyone else having similar issues with editing and know what could cause such behaviour?

Using TRIM 7.3.4 full client and users are using edit and office 2010.

1 REPLY
Respected Contributor

Re: Document returned unchanged while a user has document open for editing

[ Edited ]
Hi Joshua
I have experienced this once at the customer site after 7.1 upgrade to 7.3.4. In my case we found that 7.3.4 HP TRIM client specifically requires 'Edit' to update or changed the document. That action puts the document in Offline folder, once the user finishes Editing they need to Checkin the document. (Users were used to of double clicking the document to auto checkout -edit-and checkin all in one go, whereas in HPTRIM 7.3.4 Client they were required to 'Edit' to checkout but had to manually checkin.)

To provide the same one click ( checkout-Edit -Checkin) we used HP TRIM Desktop to resolve the issue of some users having their updated file in offline folder.

In summary: your user may be checking out and editing the file and not checking in back ( expecting HPTRIM to auto checkin) while using HPTRIMclient). This feature is available in HPTRIM desktop.
Hope this help.

Cheers,
Harry
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event